A blog about my postcard collections, featuring lighthouses, windmills, flags and more.

Saturday 9 February 2013

Help Save a Little Post Office in Vermont, USA

I first heard of this project on the Postcrossing forum. Artist Jane Davies lives in the small town of Rupert, Vermont and owns the post office there. This little post office is at risk of closing and this decision is made by the postal service based on (A) revenue, the amount of money the PO brings in via stamp sales and package shipping, and (B) the volume of mail that it handles.


Jane is requesting art postcards are sent to her at the post office to increase the volume of mail that is handled there, she will put all the cards she receives up on her blog and will in return send a card to the first 200 participants.

Please help save this cute little post office, more information can be found at http://janedavies-collagejourneys.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-post-office.html


1 comment:

  1. Hey, THANKS for posting this!! My chickens thank you too. We've been getting such GORGEOUS cards, and so many! It is really increasing the volume of mail at our little PO, and every bit counts. I am having fun writing back to people, but I'm behind, of course. I'm posting all the cards on a Facebook album. Visit my blog for the link.

    ReplyDelete